WELCOME TO MY WORLD
A little glimpse into my daily life
My lovely followers! Today it’s time for another recipe. I love cooking and I am constantly searching for new inspiration. One day when I will have a little family of my own I will cook for them every day, and I know I will love it. You guys know that I’ve always admired my mother for her cooking skills. I’ve grown up with a mum that always bakes her own bread, cakes, makes her own homemade jam, juices etc.
Therefor every time I come home I love being in the kitchen with my mother watching her cook up the most tasty and always healthy dishes. Never even using a recipe, unless she cooks something she have never tried before – she’s got in all in her head.
A place I’ve always loved for discovering new recipes is Pinterest. You can have a look at my food Pinterest board HERE. Here I gather yummy and beautiful food pictures with link to recipes. Often when I am in the supermarket and I don’t know what to cook for dinner – I take a look at my food Pinterest Board, and then within a few minutes I’ve got an idea what to cook.
The other day I felt like cooking some healthy snacks I could bring with me on my trip to Ibiza. I hate airport food! It’s often full of calories and way too overpriced. Every time I have a trip coming up I always make sure to pack a little bag with snacks.
My favourite is dried mango, unsalted cashew nuts, bananas and oranges.
I sometimes buy raw coca balls from Deliciously Ella. If you dont know her or her recipes – then she is definitely worth a follow (and you must try her cacao and almond balls).
My mum and I decided to make our own cacao raw energy balls, and wow they are delicious and super easy to make.
Here is what to do, to make these healthy snacks:
All you need (for 15-20 energy balls):
2,3 dl Hasel nuts
2,3 dl Almonds
3,5-4 dl Chopped dates
2,3 dl organic oats
2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4-5 Tbsp. Water (depending on how moist your dates are, you can add more water if necessary)
Coconut flour for topping
Step by step
- Chop your almonds and walnuts into the size you prefer. Then mix them with oats, cacao, and salt in a bowl or food mixer.
- Mix on the lowest speed for a minute and add the dates and while it mixes slowly add the water until it gets a sticky and thick texture — so that you can roll them into balls.
- You should be able to squeeze a bit of the mixture between your fingers. If it’s too loose and crumbly, add another tablespoon of water and process until everything comes together.
- Scoop pieces of the mixture and roll it into balls between your palms, slightly smaller than the size of a golf ball.
- When they are rolled mix them all in a bowl with coco flour. It adds an extra yummy flavour, and makes them look a bit prettier. (If you are not a big coconut fan like me, you can of course skip this – they are also super tasty without.)
- Then store them in an airtight container or glass bowl with a lid in the refrigerator or freezer.
Enjoy angels! I hope you love them as much as I do. They are great as an afternoon snack and as a replacement for a piece of chocolate if you are hungry for something sweet. They are also perfect for bringing with you when you are traveling, like I do.
All the best
Your Isabella xxx