WELCOME TO MY WORLD
A little glimpse into my daily life
“With good basics you’ll have endless options!”
It took me years to realise that keeping your wardrobe classic with a good solid selection of high quality basic and timeless pieces is a must! I will rather have less but then have good quality items I can wear again and again and easily mix and match and dress up and down for many different events. It’s more sustainable, and I don’t spend way less time in the morning getting dressed, because pretty much everything I have in may wardrobe goes together.
My wonderful mother tried to teach me the importance of a classic wardrobe for years and years – but hey, as kids it’s our job not to listen right? We always need to figure things out ourselves, and I finally did. Haha – Mum you were right (but you are always right.. You are not only my hero but also my style icon!)
It’s actually very simple to build up a basic wardrobe full of classic essentials, but one thing I realised is that it takes time.. I like to invest in more high end pieces I know will last me a lifetime, and that’s why I will rater safe up and know that I sped my money wisely on pieces there will last. It also need to be 100% the right style and fit – otherwise I don’t want to purchase it, so I am quite picky when I go shopping – but I do think that’s a good thing.
Here’s a list of essential items you need in your closet:
1. A good white shirt. I actually love to buy mine vintage, because I adore the oversize fit and then they come with shoulder pads as well – win, win!
2. A pair of well fitted jeans – your own preferred shape and colour. I love a good pair of Vintage Levi’s jeans in a regular light blue denim colour and then a pair of skinny jeans in both black and dark grey. These are a definite must have for me. It took me more than 2 years to find the perfect Levi’s jeans in a vintage store – but when I finally found them, then it’s love at first sight.
3. A black blazer. They go with everything! I wear mine almost daily, and I own one in both beige, dark grey, cream and light green. They are timeless, classic and easy to dress up and down. I also often wear mine with a dress when I go out with Fergus or for events.
4. A good selection of basic t-shirts and tops in black, grey and white. Again they are a lifesaver, and can be work with and under everything.
5. Roll neck jumpers – another obsession of time! I adore a roll neck jumper, and I also wear them in on colder summer days with a skirt or denim shorts.
6. Black ankle boots that you can pair with both your jeans, skirt and dresses. Boots both suitable for spring, summer and winter.
7. A classic and timeless leather jacket – MUST have!
Especially the last 2 years I’ve become very aware of what I buy, and more importantly how much I buy. Being self employed and having to do my taxes myself and go though every single transfer I do every day for a year can be hard. – I definitely spend more money on coffee than what good is, but hey that’s a different story.
BUT if something woke me up, it was that! Also getting older and realising there are way more important things than constantly shopping the newest trends. I will rather spend money on a good dinner out with my girlfriends, my daily barre class or safe up to start my own jewellery business (which is what I am working on at the moment), OR a holiday with my man.
That’s also why a classic wardrobe is important for me – because it’s items there always will be in-fashion.
Shop a classic and timeless bag similar to mine:
P.S: as you beauties know, my links may be affiliate links, so if you do like something featured in this post and choose to buy it, then on some occasions I may receive a small commission from the brand as a thanks! Usually this is via blogger affiliate websites like rewardStyle, and if you would like to hear more, head over to https://about.rewardstyle.com/ for more info!
Lots of love your Isabella xxx