WELCOME TO MY WORLD
A little glimpse into my daily life
“Don’t let your fear of what could happen make nothing happen!”
It’s time to learn how to breath in. Breath out.
During a serious pandemic like this it’s easy to experience signs of anxiety. Some are already familiar to the feelings and have experienced it before in smaller or bigger amounts, but for others these feeling are something completely new. Emotions that we have never felt and now need to learn ourselves how to deal with – some will even be alone going though these feelings and thoughts, which will be the hardest. Which is why I am writing this blogpost to highlight how important it is that you are not sat alone with these feelings. If you are feeling like this -or will at a later point doing these items, it’s so important to not be afraid to reach out for help.
These are feelings that we don’t have any control over. I haven’t experienced anxiety in years, but I must say the feelings are slowly creeping up on me. What gives me a bit of anxiety is the unknown. Not knowing what is going to happen, how it’s going to effect us, the once we love, our jobs etc. etc.
In a time like this it’s super important that we are there for each other, and we call and pick up the phone when friends or family call us.
Doing times like these, when I find myself in a situation that I myself can not control, I always find it helpful to focus on things there are in my control, and every time I feel any negative thought or anxiety taking over me – I remind myself of things I can do and focus on that makes me and others feel better.
Ideas on what we can do to help yourself – because when we are feeling better about ourselves, then it makes it easier to give to others:
Stay healthy. Staying fit and healthy have never been more important than it is now. Every single day make sure that you move your body to release some stress. You do not need a yoga mat or multiple tools to stay fit, you can easily use a towel or none at all. Search on YouTube for an online workout that suits you or start practising yoga. Exercising is the best and most effective anti-anxiety treatment – so let’s make sure to do at least 20-30 minutes a day. By working out you will enhances well-being through the release of endorphins, so I promise you will feel better after! I do my barre classes at home now through a live stream. I did it this morning, and wow what a difference it made to my headspace. I feel way more happy and energised.
2. Give every single day a purpose – even if it’s just to clean the fridge. Write a to-do list every morning when you wake up, even if that to-do list say’s: 1. take a long hot shower, 2. clean fridge, 3. watch a good movie, 4. do a home workout
Staying busy and giving yourself things to do is important doing times like these. This will keep yourself and your family occupied and happy. It’s also a great time to start an art project, read a book or take an online course.
3. Try to limit your social media time, AND don’t watch too much news. This is a way of controlling your thoughts. This is the hardest part, but the most important. It’s not easy to be bombarded with dreamy photos of people having a lovely time, when you yourself feel a bit down. Maybe it’s also time to clear out the people you follow on social media? Who makes you feel good or who doesn’t when you see their posts.. Why would we want to follow people that makes us feel bad about ourselves?
AND limit the amount of news you consume, but of course still stay informed. Maybe allow yourself to read them 3 times a day? Morning, lunch and evening.
4. These day’s where I know I will be moving around wayyyy less than I normally do, I have decided to try and limit my intake on sugary and unhealthy foods. I am trying to eat as healthy as I can – but of course I still allow myself to snack if I feel like it. Keep your immune system up and limit things like sugar and alcohol which lower your immunity.
5. Work on your relationships. Every day check in on your loved once. Even if it’s just a little text or a quick call to say hi. I have become a huge fan of Facetime – because then it actually feels like I get to be with my friends and family. Then we make a coffee and sit and chat like as we normally would at home or in a café. This is a good way to keep yourself positive, but also to motivate them, to stay connected and supportive. We could all use the company right now, right?
Ideas on how we can help others doing this time:
1. The most difficult advice, but the most important one: socially distance! Try to not go anywhere and stay ay home as much as possible to not help spread the virus. This can save countless lives. I know how difficult this can be when all you want is to be with your loved once – but we must protect them, so instead let’s FaceTime them, arrange coffee dates on FaceTime or even board game nights.
2. A lot of families around the world are being effected by this, which is why donating money, food or clothes to people who need it more than us could be a great way to help.
3. Offer to take care of someone else’s children if they are in need or help – or if someone needs to walk their dog but can’t leave their house. Let’s offer a helping hand! (Only if you are feeling healthy of course)
4. A lot of business are struggling doing these times, so make sure to support your local shops. I for example now pay for a live stream barre class online at my local bar place. It’s a wonderful way to support a business going though a hard time!
5. Order groceries or grocery shop for someone who should not be going out. That could be the elderly, people with the symptoms that are not allowed to leave their house or people with lower immune systems.
My angels! Thanks for checking in – I am going to post new blogposts every day, so I will be here to help and support you all. I love our positive community, so do let me know if you have any blogpost requests, then I would love to write them.
I hope this blogpost could help some of you out there feeling a bit heavy and stressed out at the moment. You are not the only one – we are all in this together. I am here to help and to distract you from the negativity and send a more positive message.
Lots of love to all of you out there.
Your Isabella xxx